- Audacity is a free audio recording program for Windows that also allows you to import other media sound files, such as .WAV, .AIFF, and .MP3 extensions. You can edit your recordings by cutting, pasting and copying audio within the program’s editor. Audacity also offers effects to add to your sound media, such as “Echo,” “Noise Removal” and “Change Tempo.”
- If you’re looking for a program that works with live recordings, Kristal allows you to connect your instrument or a microphone using VST FX, a free audio plug-in. Kristal is a multi-track recording program, with a 16-track limit. You can edit and arrange your audio clips as you like and download extensions for additional audio effects.
- FreeCorder allows you to record audio directly from a PC, a CD or live streaming audio from the Internet. You can record any streaming MP3 audio file online or on your PC and export the MP3 as an MP3 or an MPEG4; you also can save and record web videos to your computer’s hard drive. FreeCorder also offers live TV and radio.
- Click the link in Resources to download the GIMP installer. Double-click the EXE file you downloaded. Follow the directions to install GIMP on your computer.
- Launch the GIMP program. Click “File,” then “Open” and choose the photo you’d like to convert to a drawing.
- Click “Filters,” then “Edge Detect,” then “Edge.”
- In the menu that pops up, choose a value for “Amount.” This value determines how dark the lines in the drawing will be. The default value of 2.0 works well for most photographs. For darker lines, choose a higher value.
- Click “OK” in the pop-up to run the filter and convert the photo into a drawing.
- Click “File,” then “Save As”; save your new drawing with a different name from the original photograph.
- Upon purchase of financial software from Quicken link up with the thank you page to download instantly or return to the download page to install later.
- Save the download file to your computer desktop and click twice on the Quicken icon to install.
- To download a newer software version for free search for the Quicken Updates Index and click on your current version’ s year.
- Scroll through the download. exe files to locate the most current Quicken personal finances software version for download.
- Keep your current browser window open while you download the updated free version and save it.
- Once download complete, go through instructions under the new update and look for your current software file version and save the new free application to Quicken.
- The earliest engineering drawing software is the world-renowned CAD (computer aided drawing) application. CAD was originally a two-dimensional drawing program with very limited drawing tools, consisting of circles and simple line drawing tools. Today, CAD includes extensions like Wire Frame to allow for the creation of three-dimensional drawings. M
- There are a number of engineering drawing software applications. Mechanical computer-aided design software (MCAD) is used primarily by mechanical engineers. Solid Works is one of the most popular mechanical drawing software programs. File formatting is saved in Microsoft Structured Storage. This format includes multiple files nested in one another, including previews, images and metadata files. Those who do the drawing are usually drafters or technical illustrators. Engineers spend more time analyzing drawings and crunching numbers. Graphing/ visualization applications are used to render scientific data into a coherent drawing. Engineers convert data into visual graphs that work with relational databases and reference documents. Graphs and drawings can then be stored in an online analytical processing model (OLAP). OLAP is accessed in multidimensional views by a shared network of scientists, engineers, drafters, and technicians. Tecplot helps engineers draw out dynamic data maps. Tecplot has been used in creating 3D graphs for invisible structures such as magnetic fields and bio-engineering models. Auto CAD is still the most widely used engineering drawing software. Utilizing C++ code allows engineers and drafters to customize CAD objects, resulting in more accurate and flexible drawings. For Mac and Linux, QCAD is the popular engineering drawing software.
- The visual aspect of drawing software is a key component in assembly instructions for engineering/manufacturing companies. None of the products we use today could be manufactured accurately without engineering drawing software. Drawings are fixed point for accuracy and scaled. This means that size and dimension is scaled down (or up) for printing to paper or an electronic medium. A scaled technical drawing is a representation of something with physical dimensions. Without scaling, all drawings would have to match the exact size of the object being represented.
- Three-dimensional drawing programs were developed to speed up design processes in engineering. One problem that comes from engineering drawing software is the subject of simulations. Simulation-type drawings are useful for training personnel in hazardous environments, such as manufacturing facilities where dangerous chemicals are handled. Simulation drawings are time-consuming to create, though, and may actually inhibit productivity in the long run. Drawings are more likely used in place of simulations.
- A common use for engineering drawing software is in creating documentation for an engineering group. For example, a mechanical engineer puts together three-dimensional components for a new product prototype. An electrical engineer would then draw out a two-dimensional plan for power distribution in the new product. Technical illustration software or CAD is used to draw the two-dimensional plan. In the case of an electronic file, the engineer or drafter will insert hyperlinks in the three-dimensional plan, which link to a two-dimensional electrical plan for the new product. Modern engineering drawing software, including Visio, has intelligent objects that have been preprogrammed to align on the computer screen and connect lines where it is reasonable to do so. The illustrator or drafter moves objects around more than actually drawing.
- One area of technology that is opening the way to the future of engineering drawing is virtual reality. Virtual drawings enable engineers to visit inside space stations of the future, project problems with their designs and improve an existing design without ever leaving the office. In the real world, Ford Motors has used virtual reality to step inside a drawing of an automobile. Virtual drawings can aid engineers in finding defects before a product has gone to the market. In fact, engineers can utilize virtual drawings to determine the best assembly procedures before the first prototype reaches the assembly line. The use of virtual drawings can save a company money and increase the speed of the design process significantly.
- Press the “Menu” key, then select “Settings.”
- Select “About Phone,” then “Update Profile.” Wait for the update to complete.
- Select “Update Firmware,” then wait for the update to complete.
- Turn off the Samsung mobile for about a minute, then turn it back on.
For a wide variety of reasons, more newcomers than ever before are joining Britain’s buy-to-let property market. Some inherited properties they wish to make a living from while others are taking full advantage of the low mortgage rates and the potential for higher rent yields. In any and all cases, it’s a genuinely exciting prospect and one that’s extremely tempting to dive into headfirst.
However, newcomers are warned by the experts not to be too hasty when looking to step into the shoes of the landlord for the first time, as there’s much to learn and take into account along the way. According to the experts at www.mus.co.uk, the potential of the UK’s buy-to-let market is enormous, but success is only accessible to those willing to follow the rules.
So with enthusiastic newcomers in mind, here’s a quick rundown of eight top tips for first time landlords looking to enter the buy-to-let market:
1 – Research Well
First and foremost, it’s important to carry out a fair amount of research in advance in order to determine the most appropriate target audience for your property, the kind of rental price to expect and so on and so forth. In may be necessary to carry out certain modifications in accordance with its location and demand in the area. If for example the property is right on the doorstep of the university campus, it could be made into an extremely lucrative shared student property.
2 – Speak To An Agent
Before even thinking about putting your buy-to-let plan into action, you might want to think about speaking to an established letting agency for a few words of advice. It’s basically a case of ensuring that all legal boxes are ticked, all essential administrative jobs have been addressed and that you aren’t in fact heading down entirely the wrong path. Even if you have to pay for the consultation, it’s money well spent.
3 – Insure Sensibly
There are so many different tiers of landlord’s insurance available today that it can be difficult to know where to start. Nevertheless, the simple rule of thumb is the more, the better. For obvious reasons, you need to make sure you have building’s insurance and liability insurance in case any accident or injury is caused by/on your property. However, you may want to think about additional options including loss of rent cover, temporary accommodation cover in the event of an emergency and so on.
4 – Target the Right Tenants
Another area in which agency representation can be extremely valuable is that of advertising and marketing the property to the most appropriate audience. Exactly who it is you would like to let your property out to will significantly influence how, where and when you should be marketing it. From online agencies to press listings to standard estate agency window displays and so on, there are plenty of options on the table to be considered and evaluated.
5 – Select and Vet Tenants Thoroughly
It’s important to remember that both your personal property and your business are on the line, underlining the importance of selecting the right tenants. It’s natural to assume that vacant properties are the worst possible outcome – undesirable tenants can in fact be infinitely worse. Either personally or with the help of a letting agent, carry out as many background checks as necessary and ensure advanced deposits/rent are paid in full before going ahead.
6 – Appropriate Contracts
You’ll need to script a tenancy agreement ahead of time, which essentially outlines all of the most important terms and conditions with regard to the letting of the property. While it’s important to keep tenancy agreement as simple as possible for the benefit of your tenants, you also need to ensure you don’t leave anything out which may later constitute a problem.
7 – Take Photos
A quick tip but an important check nonetheless, fully document every inch of every room of the property prior to letting it out, along with its exteriors. Take high quality photographs and shoot a video clip, which should then be retained in order to be used as evidence in the instance of damages.
8 – Be Clear on Maintenance
Last but not least, try to be as clear and comprehensive as possible when it comes to explaining and agreeing on responsibility for maintenance jobs around the property. From gardening to window cleaning and all other minor maintenance jobs across the board, ensure that everybody knows which jobs are the responsibility of which party. Once again, it could save you an enormous headache further down the line.
We are continually extending our layout library and a crisp cluster of new newsletter templates has recently been included. Presently you can browse among considerably more extraordinary layouts to discover only the search you need for your mail. The assortment of styles ensures that there’s something for everybody and we’ve as of now begun on new formats that will be prepared soon.
FreshMail is committed to always enhancing our administration and making your involvement with the framework less demanding. That is the reason we set master proficient creators to take a shot at making an always extending rundown of visual formats to suit each style, taste and picture. These instant layouts permit you to complete your work speedier and keep up consistency in your emails.
Simply this week, we’ve included very nearly twenty new outlines went for an assortment of business and social fields – child rearing, eateries, bookkeeping, news coverage, inside configuration, wellness, gatherings, tourism, portable applications and heaps of others.
In case you’re not certain where to begin while making your own particular layout, simply pick one of our own and alter it to fit your needs. On the off chance that you might want to see something that you can’t discover in our library, let us know. Perhaps you’ll soon see your recommendation added to alternate formats.
In the event that you have discovered what you require in the FreshMail format library, simply tap on “Select” and you will be taken to FreshMail Designer where you will have the capacity to completely alter everything about. FreshMail Designer’s instinctive and simple to utilize apparatuses make everything a snap. You should simply include your own representation and content to the format alongside any connections you need to incorporate. Just relocating pieces from the left-hand menu is all you need to do to get precisely the look you need. Explore different avenues regarding diverse styles, shading plans, format and a full scope of realistic components incorporated into Designer. You will be astounded at what you can make!
A gaming laptop is one of the newest innovations that combines video gaming with typical computer usage. Gamers are allowed to play games that are faster, longer and better than the ones played on regular computers. One of the biggest problems for consumers is the high price tag of a typical gaming laptop. Many people shy away from making a purchase because of it. You should learn more about the actual costs of this type of laptop and decide if you can afford it.
What Are Gaming Laptops Exactly?
The average video game is loaded with animation, imagery, sounds and special effects. The game needs these features to create the most entertaining experience.
However, the average computer is not the best place for advanced gaming. It takes a great deal of computing power and processing speed to support games properly. Most computers are too slow and inefficient when it comes to game playing.
That is why people create gaming laptops. The common features include a high-performance CPU, a video card, a solid-state drive and large amounts of memory. The CPU is the computer’s central processing unit that carries out the basic input and output controls. Also known as a processor, gamers can control the running speed of their game with this device.
Are these Laptops Expensive?
Gamers attach a wide range of high-performance devices onto their laptops, such as graphics cards and drives. They must invest in high-end hardware and software that are rated highly on the market. So, gamers should expect to pay medium to very high prices for their custom-built laptops. The costs vary based on the type of product, the brand and the supplier.
In general, the average gaming laptop costs twice as much as a regular laptop. For these specially equipped laptops, people should expect to pay between £500 and £1,500. In part, the buyer is the one who determines the affordability of the product. Some people think that £500 to £700 is a reasonable deal for a good laptop, while others think that it is expensive. For the task of gaming, that range is normal.
It is possible to find the cheapest gaming laptops online. However, there are some prices that are too cheap to be suggestive of high-quality products. The £100 to £300 range is considered too cheap according to most gamers. This range supports modest computers that are suited for use by college students rather than avid gamers.
Trying to figure out how much money to spend on specialised laptops is a challenge. You must compare the features of different gaming laptops and know what each feature does. Then, you need to know the general prices that people are paying for their computers. The £500 to £700 range is affordable for many serious gamers. You can always reduce the price by customising the laptop, which means adding or removing the features you want. Regardless of your income and playing experience, you should be able to invest in a high-performance laptop for gaming.
A project management software tool is a web based tool that provides help to you in management of projects like integrated calendars, report generators, creating schedules, uploading files, prioritizing tasks, managing multiple projects and tasks, tracking progress, etc. The list will be endless; in short it is a tool that will help project manager and team members to plan, manage and execute various tasks required in the project with ease.
How project management software work
Online project management software tool play a major role with achieving your increase work efficiency and client satisfaction by creating environment in which flow of work is clear and transparent. Web based project management software basically accumulates all the project information to a single server. Because of which, every team member can access all the project information from a single point which also has all the information related to the progress on the project.
Task management software tools are basically designed to make the project management convenient and cost efficient. It is basically an interactive tool that you can use for interacting with your team members and a group of project managers.
Project management tools are provided to help you with organizing of your business in a better and easier way. You can do everything related to project management from planning projects to tracking their progress with the help of web based project management tools that too, from anywhere in the world.
Apart from the above mentioned benefits, there are many other benefits that are mentioned here.
Cheap to try:- These project management tools mostly don’t have any charges for their free trial version or may charge a negligible amount. Therefore if you just need to try a particular project management tool and see if it fits your requirements, then you can try it for free or almost at a free of cost price.
Easy to use:- These web based project management software is designed in a user friendly way and can be learned quickly. You can learn to manage multiple tasks and projects easily with it.
Low risk to failure: – To try such programs, you don’t need to put your entire financial budget at stake as it doesn’t require a lot of money to try out this project management software.
Collaboration of work made easier:- With this project management tool, it gets easier to collaborate the project and coordinate among the team members as you can create online chat rooms and keep each other updated about the present status of project. The team members can even discuss what all issues they are facing and get feedbacks on them.
Multiple user management
As you don’t have only one project at a time, so to manage all the projects there is a lot of management issues that arises at times, you can have all the management tasks under control with these project management systems as you have a centralized place through these programs where you can find all the solutions.
Now if you also require project management tool, or want to learn more about a project management software then you need to visit, get the project management tools that will ease your business.
Nowadays, the innovation fills in as the main impetus of rivalry and the customers of the organizations trust on them to keep focused top by conveying the production network perceivability and the stock exactness according to their necessities. In this way, on the off chance that you need to end up fruitful in the process and on the off chance that you permit the warehouse management services to work for you, then you have to guarantee that you pick the right framework. All things considered, having the best and the most recent innovation won’t do anything for you on the off chance that you don’t know how to utilize it or don’t utilize this really.
Highlights That Make the Warehouse Management Software Different
The warehouse management software solutions are basically intended to join every one of the elements of software, equipment and the fringe gadgets. Thusly, the correct execution of a legitimately planned WMS in the dispersion focuses and the warehouses permits an organization to build the upper hand through decreased work costs, constant stock management, expanded stock precision, prevalent client administration, better responsiveness and adaptability.
Subtle elements of the WMS framework
At the present time, the warehouse management software solutions are more depending on a mix of old and new advancements to incorporate better warehouse frameworks into the aggregate store network in a complete financially savvy way. The best components of the WMS mostly add to build up an extraordinary production network. In this article, you will get complete data about the elements of the WMS framework. How about we get the subtle elements:
Imperative elements of the warehouse management framework
- Integrated EDI framework: This framework empowers the associations to trade the business related data like as receipts, buy orders, merchant bills, deals requests, rundown and the stock requests. This additionally utilizes one mapping device that can change the data into one internationally acknowledged standard arrangement.
- Business Intelligence: With the assistance of the Business Intelligence highlight of the warehouse management services, it is conceivable to concentrate, recognize and break down the aggregate business information in the ongoing and after that it is conceivable to change over this into the utilitarian data. Hence, every one of the points of interest are shown in redid dashboards to the leaders along these lines empowering unrivalled perceivability of prevalent chain and effective and enhanced ability of choice making.
- Automated following framework: This incorporates the utilization of scanners and Bar-Code innovation. This is truly a successful technique to track the stock. All in all, this framework serves to upgrade and additionally to build the effectiveness of the warehouse operations of an organization.
Transfer Content to Zune Software
- Click “Start,” “All Programs” and “Zune Software” to launch the Zune software.
- Click “Settings,” “Software” and “Collection” to open the media manager.
- Click “Add Folder,” and click the name of the music folder you wish to transfer.
- Click “OK” to add the new folder and transfer the songs to the Zune software.
- Insert the Zune USB cable into the Zune charger port and into the PC’s USB port to synchronize your content to the media player.
Transfer from Zune Player to Zune Software
- Insert the Zune USB cable into the Zune charger port and into the PC’s USB port.
- Open the Zune software program, and click the Zune icon in the Zune software’s side menu.
- Drag the songs you want to transfer from the media player window to the Zune library.
- Click “Eject” to remove the Zune player.
- Decide what type of free software or games that you would like. You can actually be besieged with all of the existing free programs online, so it is a good idea to narrow down your list. Figure out what type of free software or games that you want. You could even make a list or merely keep this in mind as you are doing your searches.
- Go to one of the website links under Resources below to find free software and games. These are popular websites that offer numerous choices.
- Check all of your options available. Go to a few of the sites to see what they are offering. Each site could have different available titles. You will find the software and games separated into categories. Read all the details concerning any free software or games you want to download.
- Verify and download your free programs. After you are certain that the software is free (or a trial version) and you have confirmed that you have enough room and any other system requirements needed, download the application. If you want, you can save a copy of it or simply “run” it when asked.
- Relax and have fun. Once you have downloaded and installed your free programs, play it. There is not much better than playing (or using) a great software that is really free!
- Enjoy turn-by-turn directions from GPS Pilot’s TripPilot software (see Resources below). You can automatically locate your current position, and then assign an ending destination anywhere in the USA, Canada and much of Europe. GPS Pilot also offers software for flights, a compass, speedometer and atlas for trip planning.
- Listen to TomTom tell you how to get to your destination in the voice of your choice on your PDA or SmartPhone. TomTom has 50 different voices and speaks 22 different languages. TomTom is one of the easiest mobile GPS programs to install. Simply slide the memory card into your mobile device and you are ready to use TomTom (see Resources below).
- Explore the area you are visiting when you install the smart2go mobile GPS software. In addition to turn-by-turn directions to specific addresses, smart2go software provides lists and directions to area hotels, restaurants, clubs and other interesting places anywhere in the USA and beyond (see Resources below).
- Use NASA technology to guide your trips with TopoFusion software. TopoFusion mobile GPS software gets 2D and 3D maps from Microsoft’s TerraServer and NASA’s OnEarth server. Map view options with TopoFusion include aerial photo, satellite and topographical views (see Resources below).
- Install free mobile GPS software to your computer and device (see Resources below). Free GPS software comes with varying levels of functionality. Carefully review each program’s features before trying it.
- Download Java ME (see Resources). If you are using a Mac, click the “Mac OS Release” tab or if you are using a Windows computer, select “Windows Release” and then click “Download.”
- Plug the USB data cable into the USB power port on your mobile phone, then connect the opposite end of the cable into a USB port on the computer.
- Click “Start,” “Computer” and double-click the cell phone icon. This loads a window with all the files stored on the cell phone.
- Click-and-drag the Java ME download into the open window. If the cell phone is able to take the file the data downloads directly to the phone. If not, you receive an error message stating the device is unable to use the file. Once the file has finished saving to the phone, disconnect it from the computer and begin using your phone with the Java ME programming.
- Choose your software. The software you pick may be based on your needs and your budget. Basic 2D drawings and even some 3D functionality are available in many freeware/shareware programs and affordable mid-range software such as DesignCAD. For advanced 3D modeling and very complex layered plans, a high-quality CAD software such as AutoCAD is a must.
- Acquire and set up your hardware. Your work station should allow space to work with hard-copy plans as well as your digital screen. If you will be using a light table (also known as a digitizing tablet) or light pen, place those pieces of hardware so that you have room to utilize them, and connect them to your computer. If you are using a large map scanner and/or smaller tabletop scanner, place it appropriately and connect it to your system. You will need at least one of these options if you need to convert hard-copy plans or maps into digital format, known as digitizing.
- Understand the basics of Computer Aided Design. At a minimum, you must be comfortable with concepts of scale; be able to understand and use layers, which allow you to categorize information so that you can see or hide particular visual data sets at will (for example, all the pipes in a house); and be able to conceptualize 2D and/or 3D shapes, depending on your needs.
- Set up your chosen software and familiarize yourself with the tools. Utilize any manuals or tutorials that come with the software. You must be able to set the scale (tell the computer how big to make the components of your drawing), and be able to draw 2D and/or3D shapes, depending on your specific needs. CAD softwares can be temperamental about the order in which you complete the steps in your drawing, so make sure you are comfortable with the tools and program design before you begin your drawing.
- Acquire your beginning data. If you already have digital files, your job will consist of importing these files into layers. Depending on the format and organization, you may be able to use these existing files to complete your “drawing.” If not, you can use these files as the basis for your drawing, or as a basemap.
- Create your file. This will be the CAD file, with a proprietary file name based on the program, that houses all the layers of your drawing. Create and save the file first, and every time you make a change to a layer.
- Create your basemap(s). The easiest way to do this is to scan a map or image and place it in a layer. Do this with all applicable information. For example, if you have different plans of a property showing the locations of pipes, property lines, and structures, and want to create one final drawing, you must scan or digitize each plan as a separate layer. Make certain that each scan is adjusted to scale.
- Digitize all the necessary data, creating a new layer for each type of information. If your base data is in hard copy form, such as maps or architectural plans, you will need to digitize the data in one of two ways: use a light pen or light table to digitize points, lines, and polygons directly from the paper form; or scan the hard copy and use the CAD program to draw points, lines, and polygons on the screen, known as “heads-up digitizing.” In our example, use each basemap of pipes, property lines, and structures to create three more layers: one for digitized pipes, one for digitized property lines, and one for digitized structures.
- Customize the information as desired. You can “turn off” the layers containing basemaps, hiding the original information and showing only your digitized layers. You can change the colors of your points, lines, and polygons, or create 3-dimensional models from your basic, layered forms. Add basic cartographic information, such as scale, title, date, and illustrator (you or your company).
- Save and print your final drawing. Be sure to double-check your printer settings so that your drawing prints to scale. If scale is of supreme importance, as in architectural or archaeological drawings, you may wish to double-check your scale with a ruler to make sure that your printer is right on target.
- Press the “Menu” key, then select “Settings.”
- Select “About Phone,” then “Update Profile.” Wait for the update to complete.
- Select “Update Firmware,” then wait for the update to complete.
- Turn off the Samsung mobile for about a minute, then turn it back on.
- Open your computer browser and navigate to the CNET Downloads website.
- Click “Games” from the “Categories” menu on the left to navigate to the games section.
- Click “Top Freeware” from the bottom of the left menu to view only the free games.
- Click the type of game you would like to download from the “Categories” menu on the left. You can choose games such as action games, role-playing games or strategy games.
- Click the name of the game you would like to download. This will take you to a page that contains information about the game, such as a short summary and user reviews.
- Click the “Download Now” button to download the game. Most games will download as .exe files that allow you to double-click to start installation.
- Open your Internet browser and navigate to the Free GamePick website.
- Click “Download Games” from the top menu.
- Click the genre of game you would like to download from the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Click the name of the game to view an information page.
- Click the “Download Now” button to download the game. The game will download as an .exe file that you can double-click to install.
- Launch your Internet browser and navigate to the Brothersoft Games website.
- Click the kind of game you would like to play from the “Categories” menu on the left.
- Click the “Only Freeware” link in the top left corner of the game listings.
- Click the “Download Now” button under the name of the game you want to download.
- Click the “Download Now” link next to the download server you would like to use. There are different download servers that may provide you with a faster download based on location, but all servers will provide you with the same file.
- Save the .exe file to your computer and double-click it to begin installation.
Three Basic Kinds
- There are three basic kinds of drawing software: bitmap, vector and computer-aided design (CAD). Each is designed to fulfill a different set of requirements. Although vector drawing software can be used for many of the same functions as bitmap, including comic art and general drawing, the different types of software excel over the others in their specialist areas.
Bitmap Drawing Software
- Bitmap drawing software is the kind of art package most computer users are familiar with, thanks to Microsoft Paint being packaged with Windows. Bitmap software handles images as a grid (“map”) of pixels (“bits”). The user draws an image by changing the color of bits in the map. Bitmap drawing software is suited to photo manipulation and general drawing, but it cannot change the size of an image without losing quality.
Vector Drawing Software
- Vector drawing software handles shapes and lines as mathematical formulae rather than fixed points on the page. This creates smoother curves in images and allows the image size to be scaled up or down without losing resolution. As a result, vector drawing software is best suited to graphic design, although the smoothness and regularity of the images can look stark.
- CAD software is designed for the production of plans, technical drawings and other similar designs. It is commonly used to produce object, building and vehicle designs, both for real world use and in computer modeling, and is wholly unsuited to general drawing or sketching tasks.
Qualifying for Medical School
- In most cases, medical school applicants must complete a bachelor’s degree before admission. Although no specific major is necessary, prospective doctors must take the required prerequisites, which typically include classes in English, math, biology, chemistry and physics.
In addition to college transcripts, medical schools require scores on the Medical College Admission Test, or MCAT, and letters of recommendation. Admission to medical programs is highly competitive, and colleges also consider the candidate’s leadership ability and extracurricular activities, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Attending Medical School
- Medical colleges receive their accreditation through the Liaison Committee on Medical Education, or LCME. Medical school generally takes four years, with the first two years devoted to class and lab work in subjects such as psychology, biochemistry, anatomy and medical ethics. Students also learn patient-care technique, such as how to take a medical history.
During the second two years, prospective physicians get hands-on experience treating patients in clinical settings under the supervision of experienced doctors. For example, they complete rotations in internal medicine, psychiatry, surgery, family practice and gynecology.
Completing a Residency
- Medical school graduates must complete a three-year residency to qualify as specialists in internal medicine. Residents typically spend most of their time in a hospital or clinic, where they complete rotations in core areas of internal medicine, such as general medicine, coronary care and outpatient care.
Graduates also choose elective rotations in other areas of internal medicine, such as dermatology and ophthalmology, and in subspecialties of internal medicine, such as rheumatology and medical oncology.
Achieving Licensing and Certification
- Before being able to practice, internists must qualify for a state license by passing the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination and fulfilling any additional requirements of the state. Alternately, physicians who’ve attended an osteopathic medical school take the Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination.
A licensed physician who has completed a residency in internal medicine can take exams from the American Board of Internal Medicine to qualify as board-certified. Although certification is optional, it demonstrates that the internist has met high national standards of competency in internal medicine.
Opting for a Subspecialty
- After residency, an internist may choose additional training to qualify in one of the many available subspecialties. Subspecialty training, called a fellowship, typically takes between one and four additional years, depending on the choice. Subspecialties include adolescent medicine, cardiovascular disease, critical care, gastroenterology, infectious diseases and hematology, among others.
Graduates of fellowship programs can qualify for additional certification in the subspecialty by passing exams from the American Board of Internal Medicine.
- Many 3D drawing tools not only allow you to create 3D models but to animate entire scenes using what you’ve created. Using some of the best free 3D software available, you can animate just as well as those using expensive retail packages. Three widely used free 3D software drawing tools are Anim8tor, Blender and Art of Illusion.
- For simple 3D modeling and animation, Anim8or is a tool that lets you create without a huge learning curve. Created by Steve Glanville, Anim8or isn’t as powerful as other 3D modelers on the market, but it was developed to provide ease of use for creators. If you’re new to 3D drawing, this is the introductory tool that’s beginner friendly. It also works well if your computer isn’t cutting edge as it has low system requirements for use.
- If you’re looking for a free, full-featured creation suite, Blender is a 3D graphics application that’s capable of performing most 3D modeling and animating activities. Using Blender you can model 3D objects, apply texture to them, rig the objects for animation, perform the animation itself and render a final product. Released under the GNU General Public License, Blender is an open source with a large community of users who provide not only improvements to the software, but add-ons that increase Blender’s functionality.
Since the program is released under the GNU General Public License, any derivative products are required to be free to the public. But program output using Blender is the property of the creator. If you make it using Blender, you own it.
Art of Illusion
- For expansion capabilities, Art of Illusion offers a fully customizable experience that lets you pick and choose the functions you need in a 3D drawing tool. It offers the usual modeling and rendering options contained in other 3D drawing packages, all free due to its release as an open source project under the Free Software Foundation’s General Public License, under its creator Peter Eastman. Like other software offered under the General Public License, it is modifiable by a community of programmers and users, who expand its features more quickly than retail releases are updated.
What makes Art of Illusion useful if you’re looking for customizable options is the addition of a built-in downloading tool for installing extensions to the program. Using the download tool you can choose the extensions you want to use, controlling your experience with the program and expanding only those uses you put the program to. It also helps you stay current with advances in the 3D world without needing to wait for a full release.
- Go to Windows Mobile online.
- Access the Downloads section on the Windows Mobile homepage. Navigation to this section of the site will be displayed in the menu tabs at the top of the screen. Select the “Downloads” tab option and click on the “App It Up Marketplace” link on the downloads page.
- Choose the software file you want to download to your computer. Browse through the marketplace applications and double-click on the application you want. Purchase the application you desire and a download link will be generated for your software. Click on the download link and opt to save the file to your computer.
- Connect your mobile phone to the computer. Plug the USB sync cable into both the computer and the mobile phone. The AutoPlay window will appear when the connection is successfully configured and detected. Choose the first option listed in the AutoPlay window, which should enable you to view the file folders for the phone.
- Move the software application to your mobile phone. When the file folder opens, locate the downloaded software on your hard drive. Highlight the software file and drag it to your phone’s folders to move the software application to your mobile phone.
- The first step towards making your own loops -is finding the loop/ music editing software that suits you best. So, look around and see what’s available to you. Keep the sound file format you intend to use in mind when choosing a software, if your focus is quality -you may want to make sure that the program allows you to mix to .wav file format (most do) however, if your focus is file size (as is often the case in computer game development to minimize lag) then you might want to find software that allows you to mix to .mp3 format -or even .midi (which is tonal and requires midi note mapping software)
Below I’ve listed some websites where you can find music editing and/or loop building software that you can download as either trials or freewares to help you on your way to finding what program works best for you.
- When picking a program, take note of how smooth the interface is and how well it works with your OS. Some programs run differently on different operating systems -and if a program is prone to freezing on your computer, chances are that it will only get worse the larger and more complex your projects get. It’s a good thing to keep in mind and watch for before you get to comfortable with any single program.
- Always take precaution when downloading or using any websites to protect yourself from viruses and spyware.
- Keep looking around! Just because you find a program that is easy to use -doesn’t mean there isn’t a better one out there with features that you may not realize you need or could make your creation experience easier. Always explore your options! Good luck and thanks for reading!
- AVG Free. This is a popular anti-virus on the Internet. It is compatible with Windows 7, Vista, and Windows XP. Very good basic anti-virus protection for computer users. This is one of my favorite anti-virus programs. And of course it is FREE! This software program is available for free download at their website. http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage. There are other free anti-virus software programs online for download but some computer users found issues with them. Some of the anti-virus programs were very intrusive and made it difficult to surf the Internet. And they were not as good at blocking or finding computer virus infection.
- Ad-Aware. Every computer user on the Internet should consider adding a free spy-ware program to their computer security arsenal. This software provides protection from spy-ware programs. Spy-ware are those nasty little computer software programs that sneak in and steal important data from a computer. Ad-Aware is good for monitoring and removing these spy-ware programs. And the software is regularly updated. http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php
- Zone Alarm. Zone Alarm offers computer users a free firewall to block intruders. And a firewall is very useful because it hides your computer from hackers and other intruders. A good basic firewall is an essential part of every computer users security arsenal. Zone Alarm is Free to download at http: //www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/zonealarm-pc-security-free-firewall.htm
- Insert the installation disc into your computer. Open the CD-ROM hard drive door and place the disc into the drive compartment. Close the CD-ROM drive door. Allow your computer to begin running the installation disc automatically. When the disc is detected by your computer, the Bluetooth Installation Wizard’s initial welcome screen will appear on your computer screen. Click “Next” on the welcome screen to advance to the actual installation process.
- Install the Bluetooth software to your computer’s hard drive. Click “Next” again when the first screen opens to agree to the Software Terms of Usage and License Agreement. Choose the default location that will be provided for your Bluetooth software’s folder. Click “Install” to begin copying the software’s files to your computer. Click “OK” when the final screen displays the software’s “Driver Signature Notice”.
- Setup the actual Bluetooth device hardware. You will be prompted to insert the actual Bluetooth USB device. Insert the peripheral end of the Bluetooth USB into your computer’s available USB inlet. Click “Next” to allow the computer to detect the connected hardware device.
- Configure your Bluetooth adapter. When the Bluetooth configuration screen opens, check all three boxes that will be displayed on the screen and click “Next”. Follow all of the configuration prompts and select all default settings within the configuration wizard to complete the duration of the procedure.
- Restart your computer to configure all updates and hard drive changes. Click on the “Finish” action that will be displayed on the last screen of the Installation Wizard. When the wizard closes automatically, click on the “Start” menu icon or Windows image. Select the power icon or “Shut Down” action. When the “Shut Down” dialog window opens, click the “Restart” action. The computer will shut down and reboot automatically.
How to File a Software Patent
- Make sure that the software is original and useful to the public. For a patent to be approved, it must be new, not obvious and useful. The usefulness of the software is determined by the benefit it provides to the public. Check the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Web site (see Resources) for similar inventions that have already been given patent status, as a helpful resource and to prevent duplicating a product.
- Develop a full written description of your unique software and amenities. This is a very complicated process and you may need to contact a patent attorney before you write it. The proposal should include the how the software works, how it was created and the benefits offered by its creation. Look at software programs that already have patent status and use their proposals as a guide when writing yours.
- Contact an attorney and create a formal application for your patent proposal. Without experience or formal training, it is very difficult to get through the application process for a patent without making errors. Thus it is important to hire an attorney who has experience writing and defending patents.
- Send patent proposal to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. This should be done by your attorney. Usually it takes about four to six weeks for an attorney to research, help write and file a patent.
- Wait for approval. You can check your patent’s status by visiting the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s Web site. Click on the “How To Search” link in the upper-right corner, and then on “TRACK patent status.”
The HTC smart phone running on Windows Mobile 5 can install additional programs, but, unlike modern Android or iOS devices, there is no integrated application store. So, to install new software, a user needs to download a CAB install file onto a Windows-based computer and transfer it onto the device.
- Turn on a Windows-based computer, click the “Start” button and select “My Computer.” Locate the folder that holds all CAB installer files for the program you want install. Copy the file. (Highlight the icon and press “Control”+”C” on the keyboard.)
- Turn on the HTC smart phone, and attach it to the computer with the manufacturer’s included USB cable.
- Click the “Start” button, again, and select “My Computer.” Then double-click the phone storage drive.
- Paste the copied CAB file to the phone storage drive. (Press “Control”+”V” on the keyboard.)
- Disconnect the phone from the computer when the file finishes pasting.
- Tap the “Start” button on the phone and select “Programs.” Select “File Explorer” and navigate to the SD card or storage folder. Locate the CAB file and press the center button for activation.
- Follow the prompted instructions. When the process is finished, the HTC screen will display a message indicating that the software was installed successfully.
- Tap the “Start” button on the phone, again, and select “Programs.” Then, select the newly installed software to start the program.
The Ideal Mobile Antivirus
- An effective mobile antivirus software is a specially developed program that offers similar levels of protection on different platforms. The antivirus should be a small program that can be installed and uninstalled easily, and should be designed with an intuitive interface for ease of use. Mobile phones are available in a range of brands and models, each with different firmware, and an antivirus solution should be able to support the most common platforms. Typical protection offered by mobile antivirus software include scanning attachments and file transfers, scanning traffic and filtering spam SMS.
- Antivirus software developers have diversified into the mobile antivirus market because the threats are real and their customers seek solutions to the problem. Not all antivirus offer the same quality of protection, and some developers may incorporate security features that are unique. For example, Norton’s mobile antivirus software blocks “snoopware,” malicious codes designed to intrude a mobile phone and export personal data, or initiate the camera. Some antivirus programs, such as Eset Mobile Antivirus, allow users to view comprehensive statistics and summary of past detections and quarantined files. Another brand, F-Secure, incorporates an anti-theft feature.
- Antivirus with a proactive protection system is able to detect and destroy threats before they can cause harm to a mobile device. A proactive technology may use advanced heuristics to protect against previously unidentified threats by checking for suspicious behavior. An antivirus program that updates its virus definition files (list of identified viruses to be targeted) regularly is able to keep abreast of latest and newly introduced threats, and eliminate them from the mobile device. Mobile antivirus software has fast signature scanners that run in the background and may be set to run automatically without requiring prompts from the user.
- A mobile phone user may run on-demand scans to check memory, active processes and files, and removable media devices for malware. On-demand scans are supported by most mobile antivirus software, and allow the user to scan the device when presence of a malicious software is suspected. An on-demand scan searches deep into the system and reports any activity that the system does not recognize, or has not initiated. On-demand scans are more resource-intensive and may considerably slow down other processes.
- Mobile antivirus software use on-access scanning technology to check email attachments and other data accessed wirelessly through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, infrared and mobile Internet (GPRS and EDGE). When a threat is detected, the program initiates a prompt to the user notifying of the detection; the infected files are isolated from all other running and dormant processes before asking the user to restore or delete the file. Other features include the SMS anti-spam feature, which blocks messages from unknown sources by classifying senders into black-and-white lists.
- Write down your needs for music recording software for your PC or Mac. Are you simply looking for a program that will allow quality transfer of sound to your PC from microphones, or are you looking for a more full-featured PC music-making software suite? What instruments will you be recording? Do you need to run more than one audio input simultaneously, and if so do you have a mixer?
- Start with Audacity, a free open-source audio editing and recording software suite for PC, Mac and Linux. Audacity is a great place to start when developing a system for recording music on your home computer, because it is not only free but has built-in support for hundreds of plug-ins and many auxiliary audio cards and devices. If you’d like to turn your computer into a professional home music recording studio, though, you may need software with a few more tools than Audacity has to offer.
- Try REAPER if you are a PC user. REAPER is unique in the computer music-making software world in that it is developed by a single individual, rather than by a team of coders or a dedicated company. REAPER shines in its low-cost and full support for VST (virtual studio technology) and VSTi (virtual studio technology instrument) plug-ins. Since REAPER eats a relatively low amount of PC resources, it is possible to have several plug-ins running simultaneously, even on low-end machines. REAPER software is limits-free shareware and retails for $50 for the basic license.
- Give Garage Band a try if you are on the Macintosh platform. Apple has taken a lot of the guesswork out of simple home recording. What the Garage Band interface lacks in power, it makes up for in ease of use.
- Try FL Studio if you are more interested in software for producing electronic music on your PC or Mac. There are better options on the market, but they cost hundreds of dollars. FL Studio, formerly known as the Fruity Loops project, offers full-featured recording, mixing and MIDI software suites, all for around $100. The value can’t be beat in the music production PC software market.
Color Spaces and Print Versus Web
- One of the places where professional art software differs from consumer art software is color space management. There are two widely used color spaces: CMYK color, which measures the color you get when light is reflected off of a piece of paper covered with a mixture of cyan, magenta, yellow and black inks, and RGB color, which is the color you get from light transmitted by a computer screen made up of red, green and blue pixels. If all of your art will be seen on a computer screen, RGB is the only color space you need. Professional art programs, like Illustrator and Photoshop, are meant to work in both print and Web enviroments. They can handle both CMYK and RGB color spaces, and may have Pantone color support. (Pantone can be thought of as a very specialized version of CMYK color.) Professional art software will have access to Pantone swatches for exact color matching on a printing press. Sending RGB color down to a print shop is a recipe for muddy and dark colors on your initial print proofs. Publishing CMYK art to the Web will cause most browsers to not display the art at all.
Vector-based Art Programs
- Vector art is generated by drawing programs that define objects with mathematical functions rather than specifying the color of each pixel in a rectangular array. This means that vector art is resolution-independent. It can scale up or down without loss of detail or turning blocky. The industry standard vector art program is Adobe Illustrator, with Corel Draw competing on the consumer side of the market on price. If you’re drawing art that needs to go to a print ship, the print shop will ask for it in Illustrator format, but Corel Draw can open and save Illustrator files. The open source software that serves this need is Inkscape, and while it’s free, its default use is creating vector graphics for the Web in SVG format; Inkscape lacks CMYK color support. All three of these programs the ability to group objects on specific layers together and deal with them individually.
Bitmap and Photo Editors
- The king of all bitmap editors is Adobe Photoshop; the primary use of these programs is editing photographs and editing scanned drawings. In a drawing program that works with bitmaps, the art is made of pixels, which have an X/Y coordinate in the image and a color, defined by a number. Bitmaps are the most common kind of digital art file, and most of the major formats (JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF) are all bitmap formats. Photoshop, and most of its competitors, have features including layering, color selection tools, the ability to set gradients, transparency and alpha channel effects, as well as digital brushes that duplicate natural media brushes. Corel Paint is Corel’s counterpart in the professional space to Photoshop, but most print workflows will assume Photoshop format. Microsoft’s Paint.net is a surprisingly capable free replacement for the MS Paint program, and the open source alternative to Photoshop is GIMP.
Digital Painting Programs
- While bitmap editors have brush tools that mimic natural media brushes, there are dedicated painting programs like Paint Tool SAI and Manga Studio that focus entirely on the digital painting experience. These programs are less resource-intensive and have less cluttered interfaces than Photoshop or GIMP. Both Paint Tool SAI and Manga Studio have perspective rulers. Manga Studio has tools geared towards inking comic art and coloring comic art, including the ability to set up panel layouts and multi-page documents. Most artists who use Paint Tool SAI do their composition in SAI and edit it in Photoshop.
- Use your Blackberry’s mobile web browser to go to the Blackberry App World homepage a http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/appworld/.
- Download the Blackberry App World desktop software to your computer by clicking on the “Download Blackberry App World” link. This will install the App World software onto your Blackberry. Note that newer Blackberry smart phone models will have the App World software pre-installed, so check your home screen for its icon before continuing.
- Open the Blackberry App World software by selecting the icon that was placed on your device’s home screen during installation.
- Browse for applications you wish to download. You can search by name or browse by category, popularity, price and a number of other listings.
- Select the “Download” option to download and automatically install any applications you’d like to your Blackberry. If the application costs money, you will be asked to enter your credit or debit card information so you can be appropriately charged. If the application is free it will be automatically downloaded and installed. Any applications you choose to install will be accessible via icons placed on your device’s home screen.
- Visit the website where you want to download the software to your Nokia phone using the built-in browser.
- Click on the download link for that application to begin the download process.
- After the software finishes downloading, follow the on-screen instructions to accept license agreements and choose the storage location of the file.
- When the application finishes installing, it may automatically start running, or may send you back to the main menu. Either way, the application software can be accessed by selecting its icon from the “Application” folder on your phone. Newly installed software on Nokia phones appear at the bottom of the screen in the “Application” folder.
- First step: you look around! See what’s out there and currently available. You can check through the links below or go to your favorite search engine and do a search on ‘free 3d animation software’ or ‘free 3d animators’ Alternatively, you can go to www.download.com and search through the animation editors they have available -the benefit to searching there is that all their downloads are tested spyware free. Look around and compare the features available before settling on any program and consider getting more than one to find one that provides the features that best suit your needs.I personally prefer blender or anim8tor (see links below) but there are many out there so keep your specific needs and intended uses in mind.
- Next, make sure the program is compatible with your computer’s operating system and that you have enough free memory ram and a video card that handle the software’s 3d rendering before downloading.
- Now, before you download; take proper precautions to prevent spyware and viruses.
- Finally, download and test out a few. Take note of the programs features as well as it’s performance. Performance can later become a very big issue when using 3d animation software when doing larger projects. If the program lags or is prone to crashing on your computer/os with smaller projects -it will most likely only worsen with the larger projects. Just keep looking around and seeing what’s out there until you find the program that works best for you. Good luck!Also, feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions or any input/ opinions on any 3d animating programs you have had good or bad experiences with to help other people get an idea of what to expect.
- Connect your smartphone to a PC. You can use either a wired connection with a USB cable or a wireless one such as a Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection.
- Start the Microsoft ActiveSync application on your PC. Activesync is the software that comes with a smartphone and allows the PC and smartphone to talk to each other and to share files.
- Download the Slingplayer Mobile setup software to your PC. You can find this software on the Slingbox website.
- Double-click the .exe file that you download to start installation on the smartphone.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to continue installation. The software guides you through the rest of the process. Don’t disconnect the smartphone from the PC until the installation is complete.
- Press the “Menu” key, then select “Settings.”
- Select “About Phone,” then “Update Profile.” Wait for the update to complete.
- Select “Update Firmware,” then wait for the update to complete.
- Turn off the Samsung mobile for about a minute, then turn it back on.
- Log onto maps-GPS-info.com.
- Click on the type of computer or handheld device you want to download the software to. A new screen will appear.
- Click on a link from the various types of free GPS software offered. A new window will open bringing you to the related software site.
- Choose the “Download” or “Free download” prompt. Each site has different prompts. Be sure to choose the prompt that downloads the free version of the software.
- Click the “OK” prompt in the small window that pops up.
- GIMP is a powerful freeware bitmap art program. It duplicates many of the functions available in Photoshop, the art industry standard, and is available for Linux, Mac and PC. For those illustrators used to a Photoshop user interface, there is even a plug-in you can download to make GIMP’s layout similar to Photoshop. There are downsides, however. GIMP is not compatible with all digital tablets. Also, it cannot save files under a CMYK format, the print industry standard.
- Artweaver, an alternative to GIMP, features a more friendly user interface similar to Photoshop. Like Photoshop, it has support for layers, gradients and different types of brushes. It also offers CMYK support. But Artweaver is only available for Windows-based computers and is unavailable for Mac or Linux.
Peacock Color Picker
- The Peacock Color Picker program allows you to adjust the colors of your digital artwork. This is particularly important if you use freeware programs to create your artwork, as most of them save files in a RGB format. Printed artwork must be in CMYK format, which has a more limited color range. In particular, several bright hues are missing from CMYK. Because many children’s illustrations feature bright colors, a printed version of an RGB file will probably come out poorly unless you adjust it with a program such as Peacock Color Picker.
Reohix: Peacock Color Picker
- Inkscape is the freeware equivalent of Adobe’s Illustrator. Most people use it for layout designs, but it also has a feature that allows you to turn a bitmap art image into a vector-based one. The program makes the lines of your artwork cleaner and smoother.
- PrimoPDF is a freeware PDF converter. It allows you to convert images and documents into Adobe Acrobat documents that are often used in the publishing industry. PrimoPDF is limited, but easy to use with a simple user interface. PrimoPDF is only available for PCs.
- Decide what type of software you want. There are many different types of computer software. Think about what you intend to use the program for so you can narrow your search.
- Connect to the Internet and search for free software that fits your needs. For example, if you are looking for a free anti-virus programs, type in “free anti-virus programs” in an Internet search engine.
- Research after you find a site that offers the software. Most sites display a rating system that gives user ratings of the software. Also ask people you know who have used the software if it is worth downloading.
- Read about the software to determine whether it does what you want. Make sure you’re not downloading freeware, which only works for a set period and may contain only a subset of the full program’s functionality.
- Check that the site is secure before downloading software. Once you start the download, monitor its progress to make sure the connection to the server performs well. Downloads can stall.
- Get an undergraduate degree and maintain a high grade-point average (GPA). Study chemistry, biology, physics, social sciences, English and math.
- Take a medical school admission exam, compile letters of reference and apply to medical school.
- Complete medical school.
- Decide if you want your specialty to be in primary care sports medicine or orthopedic surgery.
- Complete your residency at a hospital or medical facility that specializes in sports medicine.
- Pass examinations for licensing by either the AOA (American Osteopathic Association) or ABMS (American Board of Medical Specialists). Primary care physicians must pass an additional exam to earn a Certificate of Added Qualifications in sports medicine.
- Apply for a sports medicine fellowship if you want to be a primary care sports medicine physician, or a surgical sports medicine fellowship if you want to be an orthopedic surgeon.
- Get a job working for a professional sports team.
- Press the “Menu” key on your Verizon cell phone.
- Click “Settings and Tools.” Scroll down to “Phone Info” and click “OK.”
- Highlight “Software Update” and click “OK.”
- Click “Check New” and wait for the phone to check for new updates.
- Click “OK” to download and install new updates. The phone returns to the home screen when the update is complete.
- Manually delete the unwanted applications by navigating through the Samsung mobile phone’s menus until you find the option to delete applications. Choose the unwanted applications and delete them. In some cases, the carrier will have protected these applications so that the user is unable to delete them.
- Check the user guide or manual that you received with the phone for information on how to remove the carrier software. If the phone’s documentation does not address carrier software removal, call the carrier’s customer service group and simply explain that you want to remove this carrier software.
- “Root” your phone if you are unable to manually remove these carrier applications. Rooting your phone means completely wiping out all of the phone’s operating system and replacing it with a generic operating system. This is an extreme measure and has the potential of permanently damaging your phone.
- Connect one end of the cable to the external hard drive and the other end to your computer or insert your USB storage media into the computer that has the software program you desire to transfer.
- Access the your computer’s hard drive and locate the files of the software that you want to transfer. This is done by opening the “Start” menu, clicking the “Computer” button, then double-clicking the icon marked “Local Drive C.” Within the hard drive, open the “Program Files” file. You will now see a list of files and folders. Your software file or folder will be normally be listed under the “Program Files” menu.
- Right-click on the software file or folder, then select the “Send To” option. On the “Send To” menu, you should see the external hard drive listed with its assigned drive letter, click this hard drive. Your software files are now located on the portable storage media.
- Disconnect the external hard drive or portable from the current PC and re-connect it to the new PC.
- Access the portable storage media device from your new PC and find the software files or folders that were obtained from the other computer.
- Send the software files from the external hard drive to the hard drive on the new computer using the previously described method. You have now transferred software from one PC to another.
- Download and install a free copy of PaintTool SAI (see Resources). Launch the program after you’ve installed it.
- Select the “Open” option from the program’s “File” heading. Load the image you wish to work with, using the file explorer window that appears.
- Use the selection tools in the program’s toolbox to select an area of your image to alter. Use the “Selection” to draw rectangular selection boxes on your image. Use the “Lasso” tool to make free-hand selections. Drag your cursor across the image to make a selection with the “Selection” and “Lasso” tools. Use the “Magic Wand” tool to select portions of your image based on their color — simply click on the desired area.
- Use the “Move” tool to drag your selection to a new location. Use the “Rotate” tool rotate your selection — drag your cursor up or down to rotate your image to the left or right. Use the “Hand” tool to drag the entire canvas.
- Click on the “Filter” heading. Select the “Hue and Saturation” option to adjust the colors in your selection, or use the “Brightness and Contrast” option to adjust its light level. Drag the sliders in the menus to adjust the light level or color of your selection.
- Select a color from PaintTool SAI’s color palette — click on the desired color. Select one of the drawing tools, like “Ink Pen” or “Air Brush,” in PaintTool SAI’s toolbox. Drag the tool across your image to draw with the selected color and tool.
- Use the “Erase” tool to erase a portion of your image. Simply drag the tool across the area you’d like to erase. To undo an action, select the “Undo” option from the “Edit” heading.
- Select the “Save as” option from the program’s “File” heading to save a copy of your work.
- Click the “Start” button and then click on the “Internet Explorer” icon from the “Programs” icon.
- Go to the “Xcode For PC” website (see References) and click on the “Downlaod Freeware” icon.
- Wait for the “Xcode” software installer to download to your PC. This should take about ten seconds. Double-click on the “ZIP” file to extract the file to your computer.
- Double-click on the installer to launch the installation software. Click the “I Accept” icon to accept the software agreement.
- Click the “Install” button to install the Xcode software to your computer. Click the “Finish” button to finish the installation.
- Double-click the “Xcode” software icon from the “Programs” menu to launch the software package.
- Building computer software begins with the programmer’s choice of the three classes of control statements. Control statements process data, make decisions and repeat groups of instructions. The sequence structure describes program statements executed one after the other. The programmer inserts branching statements into a program wherever the program needs to follow two or more courses of execution based upon the evaluation of a piece of data. The final group of control structures repeats a statement or group of statements a specified number of times or until a certain event occurs.
- A key concept that a programmer must understand holds that the computer will only do what she tells it to do. All program instructions must accomplish a task in a step-by-step manner. For example, adding two numbers requires a number of steps: Get one number and then get the other, add the first number to the second and place this sum in a new memory location. The programmer cannot assume any portion of the arithmetic statement.
Repeating this addition problem requires that the programmer place it within a construct called a loop. The loop adds some new variables to the problem such as how many times to repeat the addition statements. Without the consideration of this requirement, the program can enter an infinite loop that crashes the computer.
Many programming operations will follow one sequence of instructions if a condition is true (e.g., “Is it windy outside?”) and another sequence if it is false. Branching control structures enable this capability within a program.
Choosing a Programming Language
- Programmers must choose a language in which to work from among the hundreds of languages available. As of 2010, the most popular languages are C++, Visual Basic and Java. If the developer wants to target her software to the Internet environment, PHP and Ruby make excellent choices. Each of these languages is relatively complex, and the programmer should plan on spending some time learning the specific syntax of the chosen language before setting out to build a piece of software.
Choosing Development Tools
- The most important tool the programmer must select to build software is the compiler. Modern development environments combine all of the software tools needed to develop a program into a single suite. The programmer will use an editor to write the program statements and save them into a file. A compiler will read this file, checking the syntax as it does, and then convert the programming statements into instructions a specific computer processor and operating system can understand. The result is an executable file that the programmer can use or sell. Programmers can use individual tools (editor, compiler, etc.), but the all-in-one suite makes the process much more convenient.
Preparing to Program
- Building computer software requires the proper tools, an understanding of a computer language and the ability to think logically. Software operates with hard logical constraints with no gray areas; the computer processor will not guess or make decisions on its own. The programmer should prepare to think through what he wants to accomplish with his design before sitting down at the keyboard to create a software masterpiece.
- Download a PSP application from the Sony Playstation Store or another online store you trust. Once you have an application downloaded, right click the downloaded file and select “Extract.” This will unpack the files onto your desktop or to wherever you like.
- Insert your memory stick pro duo into your PSP. The memory card slot is located on the left side of your PSP. Turn on your PSP by sliding the power button up. The button is on the right side of the device. Insert your USB cable into the top of the PSP and then connect the other side into your computer. You will automatically connect to your computer.
- Plug your PSP’s charger into the device and then into the wall outlet. On your computer, navigate to your PSP drive in “My Computer” and open it. If it is blank, create a “PSP” folder inside of it. Next create another folder inside of that and name it “GAME.” Inside that folder, create another folder and name it “UPDATE” Copy and paste the downloaded and extracted files into this folder.
- Disconnect your PSP from your computer, and navigate to the application you just put on your PSP memory stick. It will be located on the PSP home menu in the game section. Initially it will be called “Update.” Select “Update” and your PSP will install the software. When it is finished, you will find your software in the game menu. Press ‘x’ and enjoy your newly installed software.
Flip Boom Classic
- Flip Boom Classic is an easy-to-use animation program. It allows the user to draw and color characters, animate them and record a voice for dialogue. Finished animations can be uploaded to YouTube, Facebook or an iPod. Flip Boom has won a number of awards, including the 2009 Editor’s Choice Award by the Children’s Technology Review for its Excellence in Design. As of 2010, the average price for Flip Boom is less than $50. It is available for Windows and Mac OSX.
Anime Studio Debut
- Anime Studio Debut is more feature-rich than Flip Boom Classic, which means that it will probably take the user longer to become comfortable with. Anime Studio Debut offers pre-made cartoon characters, video, props, and sounds. The user can also insert original drawings and other media. If you would like to try out the software before you buy, Anime Studio offers a free 30-day trial. As of 2010, the average price for Anime Studio Debut is under $50. It is available for Windows and Mac OSX.
- Pencil is a simple-to-use drawing and animation program. It is free and works on Linux, Mac OSX and Windows. The user is able to draw characters, color and animate them and add sounds. Pencil breaks down animation to the most basic level with no added features or media. It is a program that assists the artist instead of doing the work for them.
Plastic Animation Paper
- Plastic Animation Paper is a free program for beginner to professional animators. It was originally developed as in-house software for an animation studio, and later offered for free to the general public. Plastic Animation Paper is a tool for animation only, and does not include options for coloring or compositing. Characters are drawn directly to the screen, and displayed as if they were on a light table. The artist is able to flip back and forth between drawings and simulate the experience of working with a stack of actual animation cells. The software is free to download, but requires a digital drawing tablet.
- Get a degree. One mistake budding software engineers make is thinking it isn’t as labor-intensive as other forms of engineering. This just isn’t the case, and due to the competition from other software engineers, having a degree in software engineering is imperative. Software engineering takes a lot of study in a number of different fields, such as programming, operating systems, data management and math.
- Find a focus. For any software engineering degree, you’re going to be taking general computer science courses, but you should have some idea about what wing of software engineering interests you most–games, business applications or portable media, among others. Again, taking specialized courses can help you get a job in your chosen category. So look to get a specialized software engineering degree as opposed to a general computer science degree.
- Become an intern. If you’re interested in game design, you’ll be much more likely to have a career in the field if you initially take a job with no pay. It’s not all about securing a good job in the future, but learning about the field and being the best engineer possible. You may find that a certain type of engineering isn’t what you want to do, or it may fuel your ambition further.
- Work on your own side projects. You’ll be designing software through lab work in a degree program, but you should also be working on independent projects such as freeware programs. A person with a very impressive independent portfolio can sometimes bypass a degree program.
- Start at the bottom. Though you can get a better job as an intern, you’re probably going to have to do some grunt work when you get your first paying job. You can’t expect to jump into full-fledged software design right out of school. Becoming an apprentice to a top-flight designer is a possible dream job.
- Open your antivirus software from your task bar. Right-click on the icon. Some antivirus software will require you to open up the software to stop it.
- Select “Stop Protection.” Although each antivirus protection is different, they will have some wording that means “Stop Protection.” After you have stopped your protection, check this to make sure.
- Click on the “Start” button in the left bottom corner. Click on “Control Panel” and then click “Security Center.”
- Look at your “Security Center.” It will say that your virus protection is turned off. If you must turn off your firewall, you will do this by clicking “Windows Firewall” at the bottom of the page. This opens a new window that will allow you to select “Off” to disable the firewall.
- Complete your download and turn your antivirus protection on by clicking on your desktop icon or by going to your “Start” button, then “Programs” and clicking on your antivirus protection software.
- Turn on your firewall in the “Security Center.” Run a virus scan and a spyware protection to make sure that your computer is still safe and free of spyware and viruses.